TASCAM Portastudio 414 MkII help me auxiliaire send !!

Gladyyyys

Hello ! can someone help me : i use the tascam as a mixer, and I plugged some effects to the two aux send of the tascam.
But one affect is only hearable on the left side and the other one on the right side. Is there any possibilities to get over this issues?
Thanks a lot in advance for your precious help :)

Last edited:
Might be a routing problem. If your effects unit has stereo L/R Outs, you may need a special Y-cable to run the stereo outs to the mixer's 5/6 or 7/8 inputs.

thank very much. So if i well understand i have to plug the y cable to all the in and out of my effects (that are stereo yes). I don't know if i'm clear.;?

Yes. Your effects probably has L-Out and R-Out but those are both Mono, the Y-cable combines them for your single mixer input so you hear both Left and Right. Use a second Y-cable for your second effects if you're using one.

If only using one effects device, you can use a single Y-cable from your effects L-Out and R-Out to your mixer's 5/6 L-Mono AND not plugging anything into 7/8. The mixer is set up to feed that to both 5/6 and 7/8 via the 5/6 input. A bit confusing..

The Y-cable should have a single stereo jack on one end (TRS connector) and two mono jacks at the other end (TS connectors). You may require a couple of RCA to 1/4-inch adapters for the effects connections.

mackie.jpg

Last edited:
ok, thank you so much for this clarity and your time.

If for exemple i'd like to plug an effect to 5/6 with the y cable and on of my synth to 7/8 (because i lack of room for the inputs), what would be the consequences - if i'd like the 7/8 not to be affected by the effects?

Hope i'm clear and again thank you a lot :)

I believe using the Y-cable to connect your effects to 5/6 AND leaving 7/8 open will give you Left/Right stereo (5/6=Left 7/8=Right) effects return. Adding your synth to 7/8 will work for your synth (without being affected by the effects) but will remove the 7/8 Right side from the effects stereo return. That's what you don't want, right?

Instead of plugging your effects into 5/6 Stereo, you can plug it into a regular channel input (1-4) as an effects return. Just make sure you turn the effects knob on that mixer channel all the way Left so it's off, otherwise it will feedback to itself and make you crazy.

Sounds like your already using all your 1-4 inputs, so I'm not sure how this will work out for you.

Are you recording into a computer (DAW) with this setup? That would give you more options.

Back