tascam 2488

:cool: Yo Costa of "da" Ghosta:]

Many comments can be found about the 2488 -- it is a competitive unit for the Yams, and Rolands and Korgs -- lower price in some instances. But, the SCREEN to view is too small. Ahh, those Tascam engineers who wear coke bottle glasses....

But, from what I've read, the unit performs and does as well as most SIABs in that price range.

The "technicians" on this site can cite many yea's and nay's about the unit. But, it depends on your ears and learning curve nerves or prior experience.

Jump in and see.

Green Hornet :eek: :D :cool:

thanks green hornet

Green,
Thanks for the heads up and quick reply! I went down the music store today and checked out that viewing screen for myself...I would have to agree that it is on the small side, but it seemed workable. The price is definitely nice. I'm gonna dive in and see what other folks have to say about it
Thanks again!
coast

I've been keeping my eye on the 2488 for a while. Currently I have a Korg D16, and a PC rig as well. I was considering upgrading the d16 to the 2488, but at this point it doesn't seem like it's really going to be worthwhile in my case. I'm getting really good results with my computer rig on it's own and tend to use the Korg mainly for pre-production, etc.

Except for the 24 tracks at 24 bit, the 2488 has a lot of the same limitations as my d16. On the other hand, for someone who doesn't have a recorder already, or a really good computer to put a daw together with, I'd say go for it - the price is right! I think it would work best though, in combination with a basic pc rig - dump the recorded tracks into your compter via usb for mixing/editing, and cd burning. My 2 cents.

Back