surface controls

RandyW

I've been looking for a US manufactured surface controller.

It looks like just about everything is made in China. I've tried to email
Mixed Logic about their M 24.
Does any one know if this is working with logic 9 AND sonar 8.5? or if
the unit is manufactured or at least assembled in the US?

Mixed Logic

Just to put a little info here for the next person doing a search
for american made controllers.

Kevin from Mixed Logic sent this response.

Randy,

Thank you for the interest in the Mixed Logic M24 control surface. The M24 uses Alps faders. The M24 is built in the US. The enclosure and circuit boards are all built near Cleveland Ohio. We do all of the circuit board assembly, cabling, programming and design. Very few manufacturers are responsible for this level of assembly for a similar product. Many use outside contract manufacturers and some even use outside design firms.

The M24 works well with Logic 9 and Pro Tools 8 by way of the HUI protocols. I personally have not tested the M24 with PT 9 yet but would suspect little has changed as it has worked the same way from Pro Tools 4. The HUI protocol supports a large number of features, most are listed on our website. The M24 really shines with Sonar 8.5 and has advanced features not available on any other control surface. Many of the same features are also now implemented in Cubase 5.5 and Nuendo. The M24 uses custom dedicated Mixed Logic drivers with Sonar and Cubase with support for XP, Vista and Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit. All four DAWs will connect over USB with support for XP, Vista, Windows 7 and OSX 10.4- 10.6. Some of the advanced features implemented in Sonar include, complete control of the channel EQ, plug-in EQ, Dynamics and the ability to automatically assign controls to plug-ins and soft-synths. You can even control multiple plug-ins at once with dedicated controls. Just about every control on the console can be auto assigned to plug-ins with up to 2000 controls per plug-in per channel in pages including faders. Faders also can be locked to channels during bank swapping for dedicated master faders or subgroup faders or selected channels that stay in place during bank swaps.

Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Borrowman
Mixed Logic

Back