Studio Monitor recommendation

TMSongwriter

I currently have HR 824 Studio monitors. I would like to downsize due to studio space. I'm looking for a pair of studio monitors under $400.00 that I could use as my studio monitor as well as listening to music from iTunes, cd's etc. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Not sure what space requirements or restrictions you may have but I....and likely along with many here......will recommend the JBL LSR305 series. They're well within your budget and outperform a number of higher priced systems IMO.

I absolutely love my Kali Audio IN-8s, but they also have a smaller 6-inch size. The pair may go a touch more than $400, but not much. The larger 8s are $800 for the set. Try to find a bad review on these!

i bought some presonus eris 5 in 2019 and i have to say i was over the moon for what they cost, people were saying this or that - sometimes you just have to ignore internet tripe, so glad i went for them BUT had i known about the below i may have done differently

behringer acquired tannoy some time ago - i have been assured the GOLD models are pretty sweet for the money as are Behringer NEkksT and TRUTH - should take a look at them as all within range and offer several sizes

what size woofer do you want?

It has been many years since I listened to the HR824s (they were really good back then), so I can't tell you how the JBL LSR305s compare tonally, but I have a pair and they are great for a nice small, near field speaker. Obviously, you're trying to get smaller than an 8" woofer, so 5 or 6" is probably going to be your best bet. Anything smaller really loses the bottom end.

Back