Still stand by the Yorkvilles?

These are the YSM2P, the small cheap ones that are toys.
The Yorkvilles that get most of the praise are the YSM1P, which are still a bit crappy (construction wise...noise, rattling and seperating drivers is common) but they are heaps better than the small toyish YSM2P.

Yeah I'm actually more interested in some KRK Rokit 8s or some Yamaha MS-80ms. But I thought that if these are any good at a low price then they'd be a good second set for a cross reference.

I think its a good idea to have a set that has good bass response and one that doesn't so you can see how your mix compares. Kind of like assessing how your song would sound on a tweaked out car system, or the factory Toyota speakers.

MCreel said:
Yeah I'm actually more interested in some KRK Rokit 8s or some Yamaha MS-80ms. But I thought that if these are any good at a low price then they'd be a good second set for a cross reference.

I think its a good idea to have a set that has good bass response and one that doesn't so you can see how your mix compares. Kind of like assessing how your song would sound on a tweaked out car system, or the factory Toyota speakers.
Just use a crappy old hi-fi for that. Even cheaper than the yorkvilles. :D

Back