Soundcraft 800 Series

producerkid

Well, there's a guy who's willing to sell me a VERY clean S800 16 channel board for $2,0000. This board is physically immaculate, has the meter bridge, has been gone over inside and out, and also (this is killer) has an upgraded Neve master section. The thing sounds great from what I could tell from the little bit that I heard.

Summary: Should I go for it? If not, then why, and/or what would I be better off spending $2G on as far as a console is concerned?

Thanks, fellas/ladies.

:cool:
~the kid

I have heard of many mods for the Soundcraft consoles, but a Neve master section has not been one of them, although master section mods on Soundcraft and Trident consoles are also fairly common. Personally, not accounting the mod since I am not aware of this specific mod, $2000 for a 16 channel 800 series sounds WAY overpriced. You can pretty much usually find a 48 channel 8000 series for less than $2k. My gut tells me that this is not a good deal at all. I would also be hesitant of the "Neve mod" thing, but just because I have not heard of it does not mean that it does not exist.

Back