Sound Proofing

yungdub

I Have A Smallish Room For A Studio What Could EB Sum Things I could USe To Sound Proff It Any suggestions or ideas? I basically need my quality better it seems like i got air going in to the mic tho?

Last edited:
I Have A Smallish Room For A Studio What Could EB Sum Things I could USe To Sound Proff It Any suggestions or ideas? I basically need my quality better it seems like i got air going in to the mic tho?
Check out the studio building & display forum. There are two areas, isolation and acoustics. Isolation is to stop noise getting in and out of a room. Acoustics deals with the sound within a room. What one do you need?

From what you've said "I basically need my quality better" it sounds like you need to sort the acoustics.

What do you mean by "air going into the mic"?

Well It is basucally not crystal clear vocals so i dont no how i would prevent that from not bein clear

Well It is basucally not crystal clear vocals so i dont no how i would prevent that from not bein clear
I agree with aidan, although it might not be that. What do you mean by not being clear? Is it too echoy, distant, or just you hear all the out breaths/pops?

i also use a pop filter but i fixed the not clear problem not im facing another it seems like im in a big room or recording it live so what now?

i also use a pop filter but i fixed the not clear problem not im facing another it seems like im in a big room or recording it live so what now?
Get some absorption. You can do something as simple as singing into a closet full of clothes, build a simple frame with mic/cymbal stands and hang a devet over it, or for more professional results, buy or build some absorption panels. Get yourself over the to building a display forum, for loads more info.

I'd suggest that you are probably going to add reverb when you mix anyway, so try the vocals along with everything else and see if you still don't like it. Another solution is to get closer to the mic, and make sure it is facing you correctly(if carioid).

Back