Sound cards (AARK comparisons)

Happenstance

After checking out the information here (I searched for "minidisc, minidisk, computer, sound card, digital audio" just as directed) I am leaning towards computer recording. I have a question, however...

Is the sole difference between the AARK 20/20 and the AARK Direct Pro the number of I/O lines? What soundcard is 'best'? What is the price tag on these babies, anyway?

Thanks!

- Matt

I just got a price quote on the AARK 20/20+ at $899 by emailing Aardvark directly. I don't know about the Direct Pro.

By the way, it seemed to be WAY high -- is that the going rate for a soundcard of that quality? Midiman/Gadget seems to be a better way to go unless you're really concerned about performance, I think.

-eaf

Well, that's the LIST price, not the street price. I just posted a few links yesterday to places that sell these things...do a search for AARK in the last 2 days and it should pop right up.

I got a price quote from Full Compass yesterday (Fri. 7/02) - $793 for the Aark 20/20+

Also Layla - $ 792
Gina - $ 439

and Cubase VST/24 $600

Musician's Friend listed Cubase at $549, but Full Compass service is the no contest winner in that area. (Actually understood the questions I was asking, and took the time to explore options. - No kidding
smile.gif

foo

Back