[SOLVED] Shockmount for Sennheiser E935 mic

DJGJUK

Hi,

I'm about to order the Sennheiser E935 mic and, although I'm aware that it has an internal shock mount, I want to use it in a studio environment and so need to find a secure way of attaching it to my mic arm. It seems that the best way to so this would be with a shockmount and I wonder if anyone could recommend a reasonably priced one.

According to the specs, the diameter of the mic is 4.7 cm. I'm assuming this would be at its widest point but I'm not 100% certain.

As always, any advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks. :)

[I've also posted this in the Microphones forum.]

Last edited:
I just bought a couple online , though not for the E935.

But the design I went with was the 4-line, and it worked well as a generic-universal cheap holder. The E935 looks similar to a SM58 size but maybe larger per your measurement.

Attachments

• shockmount 4 wire.png
    shockmount 4 wire.png
    289.7 KB · Views: 15
I just bought a couple online , though not for the E935.

But the design I went with was the 4-line, and it worked well as a generic-universal cheap holder. The E935 looks similar to a SM58 size but maybe larger per your measurement.

Thanks for your help again, CoolCat! Could you give me the name of / a link to the one pictured?

Thanks for your help again, CoolCat! Could you give me the name of / a link to the one pictured?

Amazon and search Shockmount …. and theres a wide design choices and prices...

I just got two for my Shure PG81 mics,$8 each...

you want a little larger if that mic you have is almost 2" round? 4.7cm round?
These type are very adaptable to sizes though. ...but you want the 1" to 2", 47mm, 4.7cm size.
The fat end of the SM58 is about the same at almost 2".

for a few more the Shure holder might work even better?

Shure A55M....$21 us

Attachments

• 58 shockmount.png
    58 shockmount.png
    246.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Shock Shure.png
    Shock Shure.png
    349 KB · Views: 17
Amazon and search Shockmount …. and theres a wide design choices and prices...

I just got two for my Shure PG81 mics,$8 each...

you want a little larger if that mic you have is almost 2" round? 4.7cm round?
These type are very adaptable to sizes though. ...but you want the 1" to 2", 47mm, 4.7cm size.
The fat end of the SM58 is about the same at almost 2".

for a few more the Shure holder might work even better?

Shure A55M....$21 us

That's really helpful - thanks again, CoolCat. I had already checked out the Shure A55M but over here (in the UK) the price is a lot steeper. However, the BOYA - or something similar - looks like a good option. My mic arrives tomorrow so I'll have a more accurate idea of the dimensions and can go from there. Many thanks again for the leads and taking the time to help out - much appreciated! :):thumbs up:

Last edited:
I did the same thing, I went with the first picture, which is smaller for less than 1" "pencil mics'....SM81 and SDC's and I got 2 for $16...and it was really a nice fit and being in HR Im not in a hard gear environment.

It does get rid of some low freq rumble and the 4-string type allows for more fine adjusting imo.

I did the same thing, I went with the first picture, which is smaller for less than 1" "pencil mics'....SM81 and SDC's and I got 2 for $16...and it was really a nice fit and being in HR Im not in a hard gear environment.

It does get rid of some low freq rumble and the 4-string type allows for more fine adjusting imo.

Cheers, CoolCat. I actually came on here to let you know that I've tracked down a decent enough budget shockmount by Neewer which looks similar to - and should hopefully do the same job as - the BOYA and won't break the bank! :)

Last edited:
Likely more money than you wanted to spend, but the Rycote Invision USM will fit most any mic including the e935 I mounted up as shown below. Really easy to swap mics with this shockmount. You are going to buy a lot more mics, right?? :D:D:D:D:D

(You shouldn't really need an extra shockmount for the e935. I usually just use a spring type mic clip on a mic boom and unless I start tapping my feet near the base, it's pretty quiet)

Rycote USM Universal Studio Mount – Thomann UK

Attachments

• e935 rycote.jpg
    e935 rycote.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 17
Likely more money than you wanted to spend, but the Rycote Invision USM will fit most any mic including the e935 I mounted up as shown below. Really easy to swap mics with this shockmount. You are going to buy a lot more mics, right?? :D:D:D:D:D

(You shouldn't really need an extra shockmount for the e935. I usually just use a spring type mic clip on a mic boom and unless I start tapping my feet near the base, it's pretty quiet)

Rycote USM Universal Studio Mount – Thomann UK

Hey, that's great - thanks for this, arcaxis. The mount looks like just what I need but, yes, it is a little steep although definitely one for future reference. Already have several mics :-))) but all large diaphragm condensers so it's difficult to get out of the "shockmount mindset"! I take your point re the e935 not really needing a shockmount - I'll give it a try out when I receive it and, if I really can't bear to be without one, will probably go with the Neewer shockmount as mentioned in my reply to CoolCat above. Thanks again! :thumbs up:

Just wanted to thank CoolCat and arcaxis again for their help and let CoolCat know that I managed to track down a similar mount to the BOYA but at a budget price (the equivalent of around $7.50). Yes, it's cheap but it's doing the job! Arcaxis: your suggestion is definitely in the frame (and in my online shopping trolley) for when I'm a bit more flush! Thanks very much again for your suggestions.

Back