Service pac 2

Rusty K

Hey,

Has anyone had problems. It's says back up everything before installing. Is it necessary?

Rusty K

I've installed Service Pack 2 on one of my machines and so far I've had no problems with it. As soon as you install it, disable the built-in firewall, though. It will try to block a lot of your online applications such as AIM, p2p software, etc.

Make sure you disable all of your antivirus software (Norton, McAffee, etc.) before installing SP2. If you don't, the Anti Virus software may kick SP2 out because it might think it's a virus.

Why is it sometimes referred to as the "dreaded sp 2?" I didn't have any problems with it.

Funny thing with the anti virus software. After I installed sp 2, it said that it couldn't find any anti virus software on my comp. I have Norton, and it still works just fine. I guess it has some sort of issue with anti virus programs for some reason hehe.

SP2 sets off a setting to block to many (10+) concurrent connections to your computer. It'll destroy any p2p like software you may or may not be running. There is a fix on the net for it somewhere.

Back