Sennheiser headphone ear pads/recommendations

paresh

Hi - a little different from the other headphone post: I've used Sennheiser cans for years but find the ear pads wear out in about 2 years & become uncomfortable. It gets expensive to keep replacing them at $23-30/set. Is this the case with all headphone brands in the range of about $250-300?

Any recommendations for good sound quality cans that are comfortable for long periods of wearing? Thanks!!

2 yrs seems very short lived. But then maybe you use them more than me.
Ive bought a few replacement sets for my Sonys and they don't last as long as the originals. They were cheap.

What I did was peel all the thin crappy vinyl from the pad and now it doesn't leave black specs of plastic on the side of my face.

My Sonys were $99, if I spent $250-$300 I would expect much more than 2yrs...and I wouldn't buy that brand again.

I have some cheaper Yamahas that sound very good and less bass, and the ear pads are all peeling too and are about to get the peel-the-black -vinyl off job.

Ive never had any become uncomfortable, so I don't know what caused that. Im thinking my next set will be around $45, because they really don't sound that much different and nowadays will probably all fall apart in 2yrs.

That's why this forum is helpful,
Thanks for saving me from buying the Seinheizer $250 set!

Back