Votes: 35 45.5%
  • Samson

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • None, i would stop recording

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Who gives a shit, this thread sucks and so does the guy who made it

Votes: 6 7.8%

• Total voters
Well I have a Behringer mixer that has been fine. I got it for just doing small PA's, for which it's been fine. I will use it in an emergency in my home studio, but this is rare.

I also have a V-Verb, which sounds great (many are aware of this now), but the build is a bit dodgy.

AI have a Samson M-Patch 2, which is fantastic and I sleeper gem!

I'm looking for a cheap, but reliable rack mount IEC power conditioner/distribution unit and was looking at either the Samson PS10 or T-Racks PC200. Seems like the Samson may not be worth it from the report above about the welds. Anyone know about the T-Racks from Thomann?

I have Beri C1 and C3 mics which work OK , at least they don't have the harsh high end a lot of Chinese mics have. Also, I live out in the sticks and these were the only condensers I could get which didn't cost over $200.00 or involve a trip to Pittsburgh.

Plus, the C1 looks like a prime guinea pig if I get in the mood to mod.

i have a C3 for my acoustic and two mixers for jamming with mates....great for the price and no problems with noise etc so far..

I also have a micgain but thats pretty shit and a x v-amp thats a bit of fun

Bought my first Behringer stuff about a week ago.

Not overly impressed, but then again, whaddaya want for thirty bucks?

Picked up some MA400 headphone amp/mixers to use in a recording session. They worked OK, until phantom power was turned on, the the ground loop from hell. Finally fixed it with an isolation transformer between the mixer outputs and the Behringer, but F@ck! what a pain to chase down. How do you engineer something to get a ground loop between two signals from the same source?

So, all that being said, I've had pretty good luck with the Samson headphone amp and drum mic kit so the choice would definitely be Samson. Oh yeah, and I have a pair of their headphones which are pretty much dead-on reproductions sonically of my AKG 240s, but for 1/3 the cost, so what's not to love?

Oh yeah, and I have a pair of their headphones which are pretty much dead-on reproductions sonically of my AKG 240s, but for 1/3 the cost, so what's not to love?

What headphones are those, RH600s, SR850, ? I love me my k240's but I need a couple more pairs of cheap cans for musicians and kids, if they're that close I'll have to check em out!

What headphones are those? I love me my k240's but I need a couple more pairs of cheap cans for musicians and kids, if they're that close I might have to check em out!
SR850, Sam Ash has them for around fifty bucks.

I have a Behringer Headphone amp that's really very good and I have and have had Behringer Eurodesk mixers that would work as an anchor (if they were heavier).
I have a Samson compressor that works okay. I have samson mics that I will loan to people that I don't like.

There is an adage "garbage in-garbage out" but when it comes to most of these products then it's: "Good in- garbage out". If you can't tell the difference, then it probably didn't matter in the first place.

Most clubs and restaurants in New York have Behringer mixers and sometimes I have to use them. It's not pretty. I will often just bring my Yamaha board in and by-pass the Behringer cross talk crap-out signals piece of junk.

i don't think any of them suck. they both make decent products that are affordable. i have had neither fail on me and both didn't break my wallet either.

if i really had to choose tho, samson would be my vote only because their stuff feels more solid.

mystasynasta,

Like you, I believe many of the Samson products feel solid for the money. Others who can afford higher quality will look elsewhere for products instead of Samson.

I purchased two Samson Rubicon R6a Powered Monitors about two years ago and they were affordable and appropriate for my use. They certainly aren't the best, but neither am I. ;)

They seem to be solid for the value they offer.

Best wishes,

Lloyd

I've got a Samson Servo amp and it works just fine. Has done for years. I've got a Samson compressor and it's ok. Obviously, there's a lot better, but then it cost me £40 2nd hand...! I've also got a Behringer compressor that I paid a similar amount for.

The Samson wins every time.

Years ago I upgraded one of my my live rigs and got 2 Behringer amps. They lasted about 6 weeks. So they were replaced. Again, 6 weeks. The 3rd time round they managed a whole 2 months (ish). So then when I went back again I just paid extra and got some better ones. Which I'm still using now. Wharfedales, believe it or not...!

SO if I had to choose, it'd be Samson over Behringer. I've never used any of the Behringer mixers, but I know plenty of people who have. They've all given mixed opinions - some think they're crap, some think they do the job just fine.

I suppose it all depends what you want it to do, really...!

Well, there are some Behringer products, that actually perform well, like the Composer II, a fine sounding and versatile compressor-limiter and their active crossovers. Of their microphones I only know the C1, which in my opinion is not particularly good. It is not exactly a "large diaphragm" microphone, the capsule would snugly fit into a "stick" microphone, and it is actually a back electret capsule too, not a traditional condenser mike.
I also gave experience with a small mixer sold by Samson, and this one actually sounds fine and seems to be rather reliable (I much prefer my analog Allen & Heath consoles, though) in daily use in a small news production studio. Samson's cheap dynamic microphones are more than adequate, but sadly I never had the chance to try out their condenser mikes.

I've owned several Behringer products and every one has performed exactly as is should. No complaints whatsoever. I'm not a big fan of Behringer documentation, however.

IMHO Behringer products enable many musicians with limited budgets to own equipment that would otherwise be out of their reach.

I went thru 2 Samson C-Controls, the first one had a channel fail and the second one had a (can't remember which) switch fail but was still servicable before I sold it

I have Behringer UltraQPro parametric and a ComposerPro, both of which I'm very happy with - the Q more so - suprising how quiet it is with my Strat.

Bottom-line : I wouldn't tour with either brand but in my low-maintenance studio, they work just fine

Back