Roland VS880 only records channel 2,3,5

Duffy

I have two Roland VS-880's that will not record. One records only channel 2, 3, 5. the other does not record at all. Both where working perfectly until I started messing with effects on one channel at a time. The one that records, play back is correct, add effects to working channels is correct. They both have the effects card. Any help? I cannot find a single person that will work on these units. I know that they are old but when working you cannot beat them for recording. I have been asking if there was a battery in these units, no response. I asked if the hard drives can be damaged in any way, no response

I wonder if theres a "reset to factory default" ?

I never got good with those Rolands and the ZIP drives, but they had good sounds and great FX.
The Tascam 2488 was so much easier to use but it eventually didnt offer the huge color graphics of a DAW and 17" monitor for editing waves....

Yeah gear runs its course, great or not and the OEM stop supporting them and the Technical People retire and the expertise becomes obsolete.

I read there is no "factory default" so you have to create a new song, set things up like you want and call it DEFAULT SONG...then use that everytime, copying it as NEW SONG 1...then record Audio on NEW SONG 1...... then to do another song/recording...select DEFAULT SONG...again, copy it as NEW SONG # 2...etc...
Thats what I got from reading the manual a little.
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/vsappgd2.pdf

Back