Roland vs-2480

drumfish

I am getting ready to lay down mad cash on a roland vs-2480.
From everything ive read and seen it seems like a good investment.

Does anyone here have feedback about this product and/or a similar product that I might want to consider?

Thanks for any information!

-Alex

i have the yamaha aw4416 myself, but think that the 2480 is great as well. before you buy it, just know that they have the 2480cd coming out which included cd burner and 80 gig hard drive. that unit is supposedly coming out in april.

i don't know what price you've seen it for, but i've seen the 2480 for $2895 at www.8thstreet.com

good luck

Steve

burgundyband said:
i have the yamaha aw4416 myself, but think that the 2480 is great as well. before you buy it, just know that they have the 2480cd coming out which included cd burner and 80 gig hard drive. that unit is supposedly coming out in april.

i don't know what price you've seen it for, but i've seen the 2480 for $2895 at www.8thstreet.com

good luck

Steve

2480cd?!! :eek:
Excellent! :D :D

It will finally be worthwhile to upgrade my crusty VS880 (as if the motorized faders, better display, more channels, better sampling rate and bits weren't enough).;)

Btw, I love my VS880 and would recommend the 2480 based on that alone. I have also heard good things about the new Yamaha, but have no first hand knowledge.

Yo Dry Red Wine Band:

Hey, I just got an update from Yamaha for my 2816 but am not inserting it as I don't need it at this time. The upgrade will provide:

Support for the Waves Y56K effects plug in card
Drivers for the new My8mLAN network card.

Don't know much about that stuff yet.

But, I can tell you I've navigating around the 2816 pretty well. Have done one project and come out with some outstanding copies on TAPE. Have to try the 24 bit mode and see how that comes out on TAPE.

Have not burned a CD yet but that's coming as soon as I get enough stuff recorded to use up most of a CDR.

The sound from the 2816 is very, very good. Effects are very good. The manual? It still is a huge VACUUM.

But, it is getting clearer each time I turn on the box. I do have the UPS protecting it; however, according to the manual when it discusses "accidental" shut-down, it says loss of tracks will occur but doesn't say anything about damaging the HD>

Pinot Noir is better than Burgandy -- smoother.

Green Hornet

:D :D :p :p

hey green hornet

i have the y56k card and it is AWESOME!!

i just recorded my first session with drums (7 mics), keys (2 channel stereo) and vocals (separately) at 24 bit and it came out great.

it came out even better when i used the L1 ultramaximixer and renaissance eq on the waves card for mastering.

highly recommended.

it takes a bit of time to master to cd (about an hour for 7 songs/27 minutes of music), but it's worth the wait.

good luck with all future recordings!!

Steve

Yo Red Wine Steve & Virtual RayOGram:

You must be talking in Klingon code Virtual one; don't know what the heck your response meant.

Red Wine: Sounds awesome about your work with your Yam unit, 4416.

I've discovered that I can get a quick fix by recording either 16 bit or 24 bit to tape; and, the SOUND is dramatic. I can run my Sony tape deck into the RED, way RED, and the tape comes out very good. Almost CD sound. I like clear and clean sound.

Am looking forward to learning more from you and anyone who uses the 2816/4416 because they both work about the same way.

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Green Hornet

:D :D :D :p :p :p :cool: :cool:

Hi,
I have a vs2480 and I love it. waiting for the 2480CD may not
be the best way to go. with a 2480HD you have the option
to swap out the hard drive for a different one, some of us
think that is more important than a built in CDRW. Plus, if you
ever have problems with your CDRW, the entire machine would
have to go to the shop. v2.0 will be available soon, and the
pictures I have seen look incredible. 2480CD machines will have
v2.0 already in them, for everbody else, its a free upgrade from
Roland.
The 2480 is not without flaws, but I would buy it again.
If your serious about buying a 2480, check out the ongoing
forum at www.vsplanet.com. You can see the good and the bad
that way.

Back