Roland audio interfaces

Louie Louie

Hey lads,

I’m going to Japan next week and I’m thinking about exploring the Roland world. Besides the amps and pedals, I was wondering if it was a good idea to buy a Roland Audio interface. However, you don’t see many comments on Roland interfaces. Do you guys think it worths the try? Or will I just spend my money with a not so good interface? Any additional thoughts?

Cheers!

I really like the Rubix 22. It's kind of unremarkable but I think that's a good thing amongst it's competitors. It doesn't have that one flaw that most other 2x2 interfaces seem to have. It has enough preamp gain, enough preamp headroom, preamps are very neutral sounding, enough headphone and main output level, it has fast and stable drivers, and solid construction.

Give one a try and see how you like it compared to the other big names in entry to midlevel interfaces.

The Rubix does indeed look a worthy alternative to the all conquering 2i2! Available here for around £115 the device looks very good and will run on a phone if required, it also has MIDI ports! Well done Roland.

The specification looks good. Why they have chosen to give the AI the unusually high 1k output impedance I do not know (maybe a typo for 100 R?) but that is unlikely to be a problem in a home recording situation.

Roland have been doing AIs for quite some years and always review well.

Dave.

Thanks mates! I guess I’ll try it! Still looking for nicd buys in Japan. So far, seems worthy to look for Roland/Boss products, Sony headphones and Yamaha monitors. As for instruments, Fenders and Gretschs look like good options. Let’s see what I can find! Cheers!

Back