Replacement tweeter

mbenny123

I have this which I use as a floor monitor. I want to replace the tweeter as it sounds crappy (very brittle and not very loud).

I was thinking of this tweeter and this crossover , but I'm not sure if it would work good.

I'm fairly new to using crossovers, and I've been trying to read up on the subject.
Any advice?

you are changing from a piezo to a compression driver it seems. piezos take full range signal w/ no crossover in a more inexpensive cab. the compression driver at 1" would probably be better served with a crossover point around 2.7k instead of 4k. as far as will it function, probably. If you are using this for vocal/pa type monitoring you would be better served with a 12" two way fold back style speaker. 12" speakers translate the vocal range far better than a 15" two way. + all your vocal frequency power lies between 1-5K. anyway so having a 15" would not serve that purpose as well. I guess for that kind of money you might as well try it. Its got to be better that a piezo anyway.

It's actual main purpose is monitoring and/or amplifying my electronic drums, but I do send some vocal mixes through it as well. I tried some 12" wedge style monitors, and they didn't have the low end I wanted for some of the drum sounds.

you should be allright then for drums and such. you might try also leaving the piezo hooked up as well as the comp driver. the piezo will not affect the impedence and can retain some of the high end detail like 10k

Back