Recording Reel to Reel Tapes

So I have a room full of Reel-to-Reel tapes.
I have a CD-Writer. I have my tape recorder attached to my PC. I can play the tapes and hear them through the PC speakers. What I want to do is record from TAPE to CD. I assume that I have to record to the Hard Drive and then copy to CD. Problem is I don't have a clue. Windows 98 HELPless files are no help. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY CLUES?? They would sure be appriciated.

i'm pretty sure a lot of programs let you burn cd's 'on the fly', meaning you could press play on your tape machine and record on your cdr (or the technical equivilant of).... however, this would mean if the volume jumped and you weren't compressing you could screw the cd with some harsh digital distiontion, you can't edit, etc etc, but if your just making cd's for personal use of old master's this may be a reasonable idea

skweeks, I have never heard of a software program that will let you burn a CDR from incoming sound on your soundcard to your internal CDR burner. Enlighten us if you would please. In fact, burning a CDR is a very intensive operation for the computer. Things such as opening app's and what not can corrupt a write operation. But I remain openminded to hearing about software that can do this.

ps92845, you will indeed need recording software for your computer. Goldwave (www.goldwave.com) has a fully functional demo software that will do this easily and offers a very simple to learn interface. Check it out.

Ed

Back