Recording With Computer - USB or Firewire Mobile Recording Device

hubbardude

I am looking for a simple mobile recording device that I could use with a laptop or desktop. I've looked at some of the M-Audio products and they seem pretty good. Does anybody know of some other products? All I'm looking for is something with a 1/4" input, XLR input, and something that's USB or firewire compatible. Thanks.

Take a look at some of the presonus ones now (firebox firepod/fp10/firestudio /whatever-they're-pushing-now-as-1-space-unit), they've been pretty popular for budget interfaces, as has M-audio. Personally I use a a MOTU 828mkII, but you may want something cheaper or with a focus on a different featureset.

i have an m-audio mobilepre usb...i use it at home and on the road and since its all phantom powered you dont have to worry about power

echo acudiofire 4

about 400$
has very good conversion for the price range and usb sucks.

I am looking for a simple mobile recording device that I could use with a laptop or desktop. I've looked at some of the M-Audio products and they seem pretty good. Does anybody know of some other products? All I'm looking for is something with a 1/4" input, XLR input, and something that's USB or firewire compatible. Thanks.

Try the Computer Recording forum. You'll probably get a lot more comments.

Back