Recording Cad GXL2200 or 2400 through Behringer UB1002/UB1204FX Mixer

countrylac

I know most pros think Behringer is the Anti-Christ of Pro Audio. I'm recording rap & r&b vocals through Cad GXL mics and they seem to lack smoothness. I was wondering if it was the behringer mic preamps or the mics. I have a hunch that it may be a combination of both. I personally use higher quality gear, but I'm trying to setup a low budget studio for a friend. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these pieces of gear?

oooh ooh! pick me! i know the answer to this one!

countrylac said:
I know most pros think Behringer is the Anti-Christ of Pro Audio. I'm recording rap & r&b vocals through Cad GXL mics and they seem to lack smoothness. I was wondering if it was the behringer mic preamps or the mics. I have a hunch that it may be a combination of both. I personally use higher quality gear, but I'm trying to setup a low budget studio for a friend. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these pieces of gear?

yeah I'm a card carrying member of behringer. and i would belive its the behringer. i own the UB802. i did a nice little session on the acoustic with a pair of mxl 603s and i noticed that even after listening to other clips of recordings, mine sounded muddier, had more of a hiss than the others and i was disappointed. personally i think I've outgrown the "shock and awe" of just having a mixer. the ub802 has done its job. now its time to pass it on to someone else and get something i can have better mixes with

If I were to use a mic preamp through the behringer would it be best to run it through an instrument channel or a mic channel? Or just take the behringer out the loop.

Back