Reason 4 query..

justaphasia

I am having an issue arise within reason 4 where i would load one patch, weather it be a synth, combinator, or the loop player....set it up and get it sounding how i want, then when i drag another patch into the rack, i get nothing from it. Its set up to have output, and i havent changed any of the settings, but it just doesnt make sound. If i select the first patch i setup, its still making sound, and showing on the output of the built-in mixer(usually at the top of reason). Especially with the loop player, i can preview the loops in the browser and hear them fine, but after sending the selected loop to the track, it even shows up on the track bar between the markers i setup, and still no sound. Any thoughts?

I assume you have created a mixer device first. The next instrument should be connected to that automatically when you add it, does it show levels when played via midi keyboard or sequencer?

Well, theres an output mixer at the top of the rack, which i assumed was the mixer that all the patches ran through. BUT, are you leading me to believe i need to setup an additional one? I havent tried that yet. Maybs i shall: ) Thanks for the input.
And yes, there is output from the FIRST patch i run, then its any subsequent patches after that seem to not work. If i cant get sound from, say the loop player, then ive tried clearing the rack and just adding the loop player by itself, and its works just fine.

Back