Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Water-based Air Purification/Vacuum System

Thanks

Rainbow Water-based Air Purification/Vacuum System

Sign in to disable this ad
    Wasn't sure where to post this, so here goes...

At a recent local home show, my wife and I stopped at a booth that deals in these Rainbow Air Filtration/Vacuum System devices. It's really a vacuum cleaner, but they tend to promote it more as a health product, leaning more to its strength as an air purifier. It's a water-based system, where the high-speed "hurricane" type motor draws in and traps airbone particulates in the water (bottom lexan container). It has a Hepa filter, but no bags or filters that have to be changed. It's promoted as serving 10 functions, the most notable being an air purifier (draws airborne dust into water), air sanitizer, vaporizer, aromatherapy, wet and dry vacuum, humidifier, etc.

As my log house has electric baseboard heating, I don't get enough air flow (particularly in winter) and more dust accumulation than I prefer. I'd also been thinking about humidity issues with respect to my guitars (although I keep them in their cases because of humidy issues). Since I'd been wanting to look into buying something to deal with all this, when a sales rep followed-up with us after the home show, we decided to have him over to our house. This was last evening. Although the sales pitch is kind of longwinded and pushy, this product seems pretty good -- albeit quite expensive, about $2K. I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with these units -- good, bad or otherwise. Anyone know of any comparable, but cheaper units (the company claims they're the best/only one of its kind, but I kinda doubt that. Here's links to the product.

http://www.rainbowsystem.com/eng/
    http://www.vcdiscounter.com/rainbowe.html

Thanks.

Thanks
    er...this is a Home Recording Forum.

the Vacuum cleaner forum is Home Recleaning Forum, a few letters down.

yes, we bought one for allergys, they work, they are expensive...but cheaper than Hepa filters...no filters, just water. it was also a shampoo'er really great unit. then the old lady started loaning it out to dipshits, friends and family and they trashed it out by tipping it over and letting the water fill-up into the electronics section by not paying attention to the fhkng water level mark...

and basically i was out a fhkng dam $1,000 fhkng dollars...that could have went to a pair of DynAudio BM5A's...

thanks for pissing me off Monkey....!!!!!

fhk this thread.

btw, the Rainbow wasn't worth a sht as far as recording went either.

if it's not happening in the room, it ain't gonna happen on tape.-H.Gerst

Thanks
    I own one, I swear by it, wonderful vaccuum and gets used as a filter in the studio the 4 hours I'm at work a day. Can't believe the crap it pulls right from the air, and not to mention the stuff in pulls up from your carpet.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLCAT
    er...this is a Home Recording Forum.

the Vacuum cleaner forum is Home Recleaning Forum, a few letters down.

yes, we bought one for allergys, they work, they are expensive...but cheaper than Hepa filters...no filters, just water. it was also a shampoo'er really great unit. then the old lady started loaning it out to dipshits, friends and family and they trashed it out by tipping it over and letting the water fill-up into the electronics section by not paying attention to the fhkng water level mark...

and basically i was out a fhkng dam $1,000 fhkng dollars...that could have went to a pair of DynAudio BM5A's...

thanks for pissing me off Monkey....!!!!!

fhk this thread.

btw, the Rainbow wasn't worth a sht as far as recording went either.

er, well excuussee me! I did say I wasn't sure where to post this. Part of my interest in this is the possible humidifing aspect for my guitars -- or did you miss that part. Instead of dissing me, maybe you could've spent your time recording. Geezzzzzzzz.

Thanks
    i's just kidding...no dissing meant.

it was a good cleaner, just don't loan it out..is my recommendation.

if it's not happening in the room, it ain't gonna happen on tape.-H.Gerst

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc
    I own one, I swear by it, wonderful vaccuum and gets used as a filter in the studio the 4 hours I'm at work a day. Can't believe the crap it pulls right from the air, and not to mention the stuff in pulls up from your carpet.
    Thank you jonny! Your use of it is part of my intended use also.

Thanks

Red face

Yep, I've got one too and it's the greatest thing! I have hardwood floors throughout my house so it's ideal and picks up EVERYTHING as well as cleaning and freshening the air as you go. It was a great investment for me. By the way, I DO NOT loan mine to anyone, not even family members. Cost too darn much for that.
    Allen Scofield
    allen@voiceoverallen.com
    http://www.voiceoverallen.com

Thanks

Smile

I bet it requires more than 48 volt phantom power.
    Tom

Thanks

Rainbow has a new motor!

Hi! Just wanted to mention that Rainbow has manufactured a new motor, turbo! No bearings, no brushes. This is relatively new, within the past two years. If your Rainbow is less than 20 years old and you have a warranty (bought it from an authorized dealer) you can trade it in!

And, the unit is completely insulated, so water cannot get into the motor. (Unless you drop it from a 20 story building, I guess!)

The mechanism for filtration by water (the separator) is patented, so it is one of a kind!

Let me know if you want more information. And, of course, I am an authorized dealer, so let me know if you want one. I can't sell it to you over the internet, but if we cannot get together, (d/t distance), I'll find someone you can talk to.

It's an incredible machine!
    BTW, I'm a nurse, which is how I got interested in this product; for it's health benefits!
    Liz

Thanks
    this topic will be helpful for everyone, thanks alot for this.

Thread Information