Preamps and Audio Interface?

Aice

Banned
I am going to be buying a Grace design model 101 preamp and I need a audio interface to record into my computer.

Do I need a expensive interface if Im already going to buy the Grace design model 101 to have good sounding vocals or i could just buy a cheap interface and i would get good sounding vocals from the grace design?

Depends on what you mean by cheap... You don't wanna get anything too cheap because the AD converters may not be that good. What are you trying to spend?

quietb03 said:
Depends on what you mean by cheap... You don't wanna get anything too cheap because the AD converters may not be that good. What are you trying to spend?

around $200-$300. Because i thought that im already going to get good sounds from the grace design 101 and just need a audio interface to record from my computer. Well what do you consider me getting? ill pm

Aice said:
around $200-$300. Because i thought that im already going to get good sounds from the grace design 101 and just need a audio interface to record from my computer. Well what do you consider me getting? ill pm
You still need decent a/d (analog to digital) conversion. The Grace's output is analog, so you need a way to convert that to digital. In youyr case, that would be the interface's task, and in the area you're looking to spend, making an informed choice is critical cause some will have lousy a/d and others would have decent a/d.

Back