Power Conditioners

ido1957

9K Gold Member
I've been getting a static/crackle on my board lately. I'm thinking of buying a Furman Power Conditioner. This one looks good - it has 8 outlets. I probably need 12 or more so I can hook a power bar into it. I'm running off of one wallplug for all my equipment - so 15 amp. I think the static is coming from some appliances, like the stove.

Anyone getting any static find these help?

http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?div=01&id=PL-PLUS_II

Last edited:
I have another brand power conditioner that came as a freebie with a preamp that I bought - I use it, but don't have the static-y problem to begin with.

Do you have a battery backup unit for your computer? If so, have you tried plugging everything through that? I found that those clean up dirty power signals pretty well -- whenever I have a computer that's rebooting spontaneously, one of those usually fixes things, cleaning the signal and filling in sags.

I have another brand power conditioner that came as a freebie with a preamp that I bought - I use it, but don't have the static-y problem to begin with.

Do you have a battery backup unit for your computer? If so, have you tried plugging everything through that? I found that those clean up dirty power signals pretty well -- whenever I have a computer that's rebooting spontaneously, one of those usually fixes things, cleaning the signal and filling in sags.

I don't have a computer hooked up to this board/system. So the static is not computer related. I just practice through this set up.

Do yourself a favor, look @ the monster Pro2500, the furman is good as a surge protector but will not help with any ac line noise, secondly I would seriously look for another circuit if there are any kind of appliances such as a refridgerator or air conditioner, electric heat, or so on. quick question though, you said you are using this for practice if so are we talking pa system type application? there may be other causes for this problem that are not power related ie. dirty controls, bad cables, impedence issues, weakened solder joints on pc mount inputs and outputs of gear and so on. Or it could be power related in other ways such as EMI and RF interference which may or may not be corrected with power conditioning anyway.:eek:

i wouldnt expect this to do anything with reguards to static and or poping.... what kind of board is it??? age??? general condition???? if you take the system out to a gig does it pop there???

Back