Needing Setup advice

Jake Adams

Hello, recently i have been trying to build a small studio for myself as a hobby. I have the equipment listed below and i was hoping i could get some connection assistance. My goal is to set up my studio for making beats and singing vocals. Your advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

DAW - Studio One 2
MacbookPro Laptop
Fostex Monitors with bass box
MPC 2000 (Not XL)
Behringer Eurorack MX 802A
M-Audi Midi Keyboard
Presonus AudioBox USB
Condensor Mic

I also have a Gemini PDM 4012 and a turntable

I would like to know if i can hook the MPC up via midi cables to audiobox? Also, how do i set up the headphones and monitors to hear sounds from my mac other than the DAW? Very confused thanks alot for your help.

Plug the audio box into your mac via USB. Plug the outputs from the interface into your monitors. When you open your software you will need to assign outputs, but when your software is not open, your computer sound should come through your soundcard and out your monitors anyway. To hear sound out your headphones just plug them into the headphone output on your interface.
If the audio box and the mpc have midi ins and outs you can plug it in to your mpc into your audio box and use it as a midi controller, but the kind of defeats the whole point of and mpc. Anyway, Like i said, your pc sound will come out of your monitors when your software is closed( you may need to change some settings in your sound settings), But thats about all you need to know.

You dont really need the behringer mixer

Back