need help to match my powered mixer with the right speakers

rockstar0812

hi there, im looking to get this weekend a PA system, im looking at the yamaha EMX66M & the soundcraft gigrac 600.....can anyone tell me wich one is better? and wich one can give me both monitors and main speakers?i have a room that is 13x15 so im guessing that 300 watts should be enough.......also i have to get the right speakers for it.....i called american musical and the guy told me that the yamaha BR 10 would be good even tough theyre only 250 watts.....i was also looking at the peavey PR15 wich has more power at 400 watts but they're peavey.....and i think my last option was the JBL JRX115 that is 250 watts also.....i can only afford something in that price range that's why im looking at those speakers(no more than 250 on speakers and no more than 400 on the popwered mixer)....i really dont know that much about OHMS and watts.....can anyone please help me put this comobo together getting a decent sound? we'll be only using it for vocals and acoustic guitars, for our reheasal room & some small gigs, we play a mix of pop rock and some emo/punk....... any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

thanx,
George

Back