Need help getting a headphone amplifier

Waffleness

If you are only looking at plugging in one set of headphones at a time, it looks like it will do the job for you.

If you think that maybe later you may want to plug in several sets of headphones, then you should look at one of the multiple output headphone amplifiers.

There's a Behringer head phone amp that's goin for around $100 (might have been $150) but I'll be damned if I can remember the model. I believe it has 8 outs for cans which may be overkill for ya but sometimes I'd rather have it and not need it. Ya know? Supposed to be good regardless of the "B" name. I'll dig around and see if I can find the model.

just another thought for ya...

:cool: Yo Waffles/Tea/&Laphroig:

I've been using the ROLLS Headphone amp for quite some time.HA43Pro is the handle of the gear.

It has FOUR channels; thus, you can let other players or friends listen/work. It's a nice product. Each out has 20 db of clear-channel gain.

Only thing is the cost has to be different "there" in the UK that here in the Colonies.

In the USA it runs around: 50 pezzutos. I bought a second unit as back up and another Yam recorder due in soon.

Cheers,
Green Hornet

Thanks for the link, I will consider it :) The B word scares me though

:D

I know whatcha mean but have heard some good stuff about em.
Anyway, I'm may take my chances and snag one of them or check out HornetDudes ROLLS he was talkin about.

Peace.........Kel

:eek:Yo Dogbreath

"Laphroig" is a pure malt scotch made only on the Isle of Islay in Scottland, if I got the spelling all correct.

It's pricy a tad. The "real" good stuff costs even more. But, it's for Scotch who likes it; others do not.

I've checked out several types of "Headphone Amps." Prices go from the 50 bucks I mentioned to several hundred pezzutos. I imagine that some units are fine and clean sounding. But, the "small" Rolls just keeps rolling along and the sound quality is GOOD.

Have a BLT--it's "Mayo De Cinco."

Green Hornet

I could not tell you a thing about the headphone amp you asked about however I have been using the Samson S-amp 4 channel headphone amp for the last 3 years and I am very happy with it and I only paid 49.95 for it new from www.sweetwater.com I think what you are looking at is a bit overpriced for a single channel headphone amp JM.02

it was the second one on this page I was thinkin about but maybe the first one would work for you.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=behringer+headphone+amp&src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0

I've used this model for the past few years. Works great for the low price, especially if you like being able to tweak the EQ for each channel. http://www.pssl.com/!RPZ8gw9fzWuPpctaoqDMiA!/Behringer-HA4700-4-Channel-Headphone-Amplifier-s

Great minds, eh?
ok..."great" might be stretching but...
:D

Both good products for the money....
Consider the Samson C-Que 8... can run 4 pairs of headphones, with an aux in, and some EQ control on each channel. Also, can link two of these together to get 8 headphones linked.

Consider ART HeadAmp V... 4 headphones, insert on 1 and 2 for adding effects like reverb into the headphones mix.

LOL, Dog. Sorry about that. I should have checked your link first, but it is pretty darned weird that we nabbed the same retailer. Well, I've always respected your thoughts! No joke.

89, just wondering if you ever compared the Samson unit, with EQ, to the Behr. I almost bought the Sam but got cheap and took the Behr. I've always wondered if they're about the same quality. My Behr works fine, but the EQ adjustments and level of background hiss (slight but noticeable at high volumes) could be better. I'm satisfied, though, for the $100 I spent.

J.

LOL, Dog. Sorry about that. I should have checked your link first, but it is pretty darned weird that we nabbed the same retailer. Well, I've always respected your thoughts! No joke.

89, just wondering if you ever compared the Samson unit, with EQ, to the Behr. I almost bought the Sam but got cheap and took the Behr. I've always wondered if they're about the same quality. My Behr works fine, but the EQ adjustments and level of background hiss (slight but noticeable at high volumes) could be better. I'm satisfied, though, for the $100 I spent.

J.

Thanks man...s'all good...:D

Kinda curious myself 89Dude...tried the Behri? I'm feelin g.a.s. and am pondering if I'm gonna have to apologize to the woman later...:p

Back