Is my mixer's digital in/out fried?

Peter Doubt

I have an Allen & Heath Zed 10 that I use on a computer to send sound to powered monitors and to occasionally transfer old reel to reel or cassette tapes to digital. I had a power surge that didn't affect anything else - everything is connected to surge protectors, including the mixer - but my computer is no longer recognizing the Zed10. athe core audio drivers don't seem to be there. I,ve tried different cords and I plugged it into my laptop and the same thing. Is there anything else I can do or did something get fried? Otherwise, the mixer works. Thanks for any help...

I'll apparently have to answer my own question. I think it is. Now, is it worth having it repaired? Is it something I can do? Is it something as simple as a fuse?

Did you try downloading new drivers, and reinstalling first?

It doesn't have drivers - it's class compliant. Windows should just recognize it with the built in USB audio codec. But thanks, I did look into that. I brought it to my local Guitar Center and plugged it in to the computer in the recording demo room and it didn't recognize it. At this point I'm trying to see if there's a way that I can fix it manually.

Back