my board

Mattchew

I have an Allen & Heath 24 channel board. It is older and has all rca outs on it. Will this affect my ability to interface with pro gear and get a good sound? The board sounds great to me. A real step up from the mackie 1604 I used to use. I plan on mixing from the board with compression on the main inserts to reel to reel or mini disk(they both have rca's) and then from that i plan on buying that new behringer mastering thing between that and a computer to burn a cd or whatever. If you understand what i am saying at all gimme some idea. Thanks,

Mattchew

Comin' at you, Mattchew...

If you can tell me what the electrical difference is between connectors using 1/4" jacks and RCA jacks, I'll try to explain how much worse RCA jacks are for you.

Or to put it another way...Allen & Heath, huh? <sarcasm> Yeah, terrible brand...but I'll take it off your hands cheap so's you can buy a nice shiny new Alesis</sarcasm>

OK, sorry, I was in a weird mood there. Let's start again.

The only negative difference this is going to make is that you're going to have to buy a couple of extra RCA-to-1/4" cables...you lucky dog!!!!!

(oh, the answer I had in mind for the first question was quite similar to "nothing"... :-)

Back