Multi use headphones

darcy123

Does anyone own the Nox admiral headphones? My friend is a DJ and I'm considering getting them as a gift. What does the touch screen interface do?

I'm going to assume that the OP was hoping to find someone who knows something from personal experience, rather than what he could find on Google.

On the other hand, I think he's likely to be frustrated in that hope, as the links all say the product is set to debut in "late 2011." In techware-talk, of course, it's possible that might really mean mid-2012 ... the likelihood that it means March 2011 is pretty slim.

It looks like they're basically a smart phone without the ability to work as a phone. They apparently will have Wi-Fi, though. I guess they're aimed to people who want to use them at home, linked to their Wi-Fi, in order to listen to Pandora, or use Skype, or listen to whatever saved or streaming media they're accessing with their computer. The lack of a cell connection makes them kind of iffy as a mobile device, though so long as you've got a free Wi-Fi connection you could do that ... so if you see people sitting around at Starbucks looking like pilots, you'll have these guys to thank. It wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing to add a phone connection: if you saw a person strolling by and jabbering with a big headset on, it'd be less odd than seeing him with an invisible blue-tooth earpiece seemingly talking to himself.

Undoubtedly so, just figured the link would be a handy way to get any/all possible information out there within a few seconds, instead of having to wait hours/days for a relevant response on a messageboard, y'know?

Back