Thread: monitor cables

Thanks

monitor cables

Sign in to disable this ad
    I have 2 JBL Pro 111's that need cables. Having a hard time finding. I need cables that have stereo 1/4 inch plug on one end that goes to board and the other end just 2 bare wires that go into monitors that have red and black clips on back that holds the wire. Any ideas, thanks

Thanks
    Are these monitors powered internally? If they only have bare wire connectors, it sounds as if they need an amp... Correct me if im wrong

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Albertm
    I have 2 JBL Pro 111's that need cables. Having a hard time finding. I need cables that have stereo 1/4 inch plug on one end that goes to board and the other end just 2 bare wires that go into monitors that have red and black clips on back that holds the wire. Any ideas, thanks
    cut one end off a speaker cable and strip the leads. or cut one speaker cable in half and strip both bare ends. if you mean from an amp to monitors. otherwise use mic/line cable.

Thanks
    vintagetobes: Not sure. I don't think they are. But I used them before with old tascam 4 track tape recorder. Now I use Sonar with Tascam 1082 board.
    TravisinFlorida. I bought a wire with 2 - 1/4 inch plugs on each end. Cut one of the plugs off leaving 2 wires that I stripped. (One of those wire also had another small red coated wire that I also stripped) I put them in JBL clips and it didnt work. I'm trying to go from Tascam board that has 1/4 inch plut to JBL which has 2 clips for bare wire insertion.
    Hope this made sense. thanks

Thanks
    The Tascam 1802 has no power for speakers built into it.

You must have been using a separate amp when you were using them successfully with your 4 track.

Try plugging the Tascam into an amp and the amp into the speakers.
    ...now in HD.

Thanks
    Are your monitors active or passive? They won't work without amplification.

Thanks
    ah, thats right. Used a panasonic amp between them i think, I have to go get it and look at it today and check. Didnt think I needed with this setup. If that is the case would it be good for me to buy a certain amp for this application or will the old panasonic work and not effect sound so much?

ps. I guess that means these are passive monitors. Are ones perferred over the other. acitve or passive I mean. All new to me. I have been using headphones lately.
    Last edited by Albertm; 05-24-2006 at 08:52.

Thread Information