Mackie 1202 vlz pro 12x2 Mixer VS Mackie 1402 vlz pro 14x2 Mixer

ambi

Mackie 1202 vlz pro 12x2 Mixer VS Mackie 1402 vlz pro 14x2 Mixer

As far as i can tell, they're identicle except for the 1402 has 2 more inputs, and has sliders instead of knobs. Why would i play more money (about 300 canadian) for sliders instead of knobs? This is taking into fact i probably won't use an extra 2 inputs. Does anyone know if there are any differences, and if it would be worth the extra bit of money?

Ambi, I know this is my first post to this forum, but I've been involved in Audio and Video for the past 30+ years - It's my belief that the first time you try to do a mixdown of a few MIDI modules and a few outputs from your computer, if that's what you're doing, you will see very clearly why you should have paid for faders instead of knobs. For example, try turning down 2 stereo sources evenly with one hand while bringing up the overall mix at the same time, using rotary knobs. With faders, it's a matter of using the heel of your left hand with thumb extended so you can "bar" the 4 faders, then compensating the overall level with your right hand on the two stereo masters, while watching the stereo output meters and listening to the monitors. Faders= piece of cake, knobs = no way! If you can possibly afford it, go with the 1402. Another good reason is resale - more people will want the faders over knobs, so better chance of resale at a better price. If you're just using the mixer as a keyboard submixer or something similar, where the levels get set and forgotten, then save the money. Hope this helps... Steve

hmm

yea. that does make a lot of sense, might be worth my extra investment just incase. But im planning on basically just using the board for the pre's and eq'ing and stuff. So i can plug my mics into the mixing board, then from that into my computer. Faders are nice. i'll see how the budget finds me, and the resale aspect i think is quite important

I really cant stand knobs for mixing. I think its something about the feel, and being able to see what im mixing. I would spend the extra money, even step up as far as the 1642 vlz or 1604

hmm

i don't know if its worth it. Im still debating whether to spend the extra and go for a 1402 over a 1202. Cause im basically just using it for the pre amps, and i will most likely only be recording 1 input at a time for vocals. its hip hop, so i sample some stuff, and record most of it seperatly, my brother is in a band, so i would like the option of recording more than one at once, and i like the versatility of a mixing board, thats why im getting it, as opposed to just a single preamp. I don't know what else it would be used for my in case, considering its going into a delta 44, and im doing everythign with my computer. What else can the mixing board be used for? I heard for mixdowns in another thread, they were saying you go from comptuer, - mixer, - computer. And it somehow does soemthign in the mixdown. I didn't understand, and i asked about it. and i think they will respond soon enough. But if i were to get a 1402, and possibly even a 1602, what would be the benifits for me? and what i would be using it for?

If I were in your shoes, I would get the 1402, dont worry about the 1604 right now. I've already been there, and am currently getting read to buy a 1604. Its inevitable that you'll upgrade eventually, but if you get a 1604 or 1642 later on, you can still use the 1402 as an expansion, or just a spare mixer. You can NEVER have too many.

Back