KT2A... wow

CoolCat

I can make this short because theres a hundred and more videos and articles on this piece.

But I got one, plugged it in and wow! its the best compressor Ive ever had in this place here. I can only imagine what a real LA2A sounds like but this is something I was seeking in a bunch of other compressors Id tried. Immediately I heard that polished , soft , Beatley studio vocal sound ..I assume its tubes and transformers.

I caved in to the Cloners and grabbed a Neve Clone and this LA2A clone and wanted to hear it for myself after reading a lot of good press. I have the Neve & LA2A plugins which is cool, but this hardware tracking combo is sweet....no wonder its so popular.

How much credit goes to Behringer and KT? they built a cool piece off someone elses design, like paint by numbers or whatever but they did it right? er...Lawerence II and Putman jr.. whatever...it sounds amazing, imo.

I often buy stuff an try it and sell it, but this is a keeper piece.
$399 no tax, free shipping with new Warranty 3yrs..(FrontEnd Audio)
I guess Im $600 to pay off on 0% interest for 6 months, with the 73clone and the LA2A clone. All I can say negative is why didnt I do this sooner?

I get it, the LA2A and 1176, is the Strat and LesPaul of compressors for a analogy. Oddly I like this KT2A so much better than the LA in the LA610...YMMV.

Attachments

• LA2A KT2A.png
    LA2A KT2A.png
    688 KB · Views: 4
Back