KRK Rokit RP-5

mrhotapples

These have been begging me to buy them for a year or so now...Are they as good as I think they are based on in-store tests? I know 5 inch woofers won't produce low lows but I've got a set of PC speakers with a subwoofer to check mixes on too. I'm more concerned about the imaging and clarity of the speakers than bass response.

I type this under the spell of a brown widow so I hope it makes sense and isn't too redundant. Time to go pass out.

I have the RP-6's, they are my first and only set of monitors. I've had a little trouble just getting used to the way they sound. I do still have to check mixes on other stereo systems, or my car for that matter, but I'm so glad I have them for tracking!

I am a very satisfied RP-5 owner.

If my RP-5's stopped working I would buy new ones in a minute.

They're not fatiguing, sound great at both low and medium volumes, have a clarity and balance that help you separate instruments in a mix and have that hard-to-describe 'rightness' that sets them apart from the competition.

Their drawbacks are lack of real low frequency punch and lack of ability to sound good at high volumes, both of which can be compensated for. The lack of real low end --- and these speakers are not bass-light by any means --- can be minimized if not rendered moot by listening carefully to some favorite mixes and then spreading the bass accordingly.

In my humble opinion, the RP-5 are the best $300/pair monitors around right now.

Back