KRK Rokit 8

Gentoo

I couldn't find these mentioned or review yet. Has anyone used these? If so, what are you thoughts and advice on them?

I got a pair about a month ago. I'm still learning how the respond. As I've said in other posts, I am pretty new to mastering and mixing. I've found them to be a bit mid and low mid heavy but not so much that it will throw you off by too much after you gets used to them. Once used to the sound it isn't a problem. These things have really good bass which is excellent for dance and electronic music.

I've found that keeping them at a lower volume gets me the best results when mastering. Perhaps this is normal?

Anyone else have any thoughts on these or the other Rokits?

ive had the Gen2 RP8s for around 3 months now. I dont have the greatest ears, or environment to mix in, but I have noticed at medium to high volumes these rock...at lower volumes (where I normally mix) they are shy in the higher frequencies...if you adjust the HF knob on the back to +1db they are quite a bit better...i was finding myself with treble heavy mixes until I did this (of course give them a blast every now and then)...

I love them for the price...cant say if they were better or worse than others in their price range as listening in a shop for 5 mins means absolutely nothing when buying monitors imo, but Ive had no reason to complain about them...took two or three mixes to tune into their sound...now I trust them

oh forgot...they have a hum, not enough to get on your nerves but they have a hum, and its a pretty common fault...or common enough to have been mentioned online a few times

oh forgot...they have a hum, not enough to get on your nerves but they have a hum, and its a pretty common fault...or common enough to have been mentioned online a few times

I have the Gen2 rokit 8's as well.

I don't so much hear a hum but I do hear a very quiet hiss. It's almost imperceptible but it's there. I have them plugged straight into the TRS out jacks on Firestudio for the unbalanced inputs. I do crank them once in a while and I am impressed with the sound they can put out.

Oh BTW, I found the pitch correct in Cubase you mentioned in the other thread. There's a lot of guess work but I am setting some sounds an octave or two lower like you said. We'll see. I'm working on one of the bass lines now:D

Back