KRK Rokit 5 or 6 Gen 2 ??

Blues_N_Cues

it's between those 2 only.
I found a great deal on both sizes & that's what the budget allows so no other brand/size options need apply @ this time.

they're factory sealed NOS G2's w/ free shipping & warranty + extended warranty. I don't buy used gear.
the room is 12'x15' & stands are not an option.
mainly I'm concerned w/ the lower end for bass drums,keys,cellos,strings,etc. no dubstep or pop stuff.but I do already have a sub so...
the music is mostly rock,blues,symphony,contemporary, and wattage is not really an issue.
I'm looking for accurate translation & already know how the 5's exaggerate the lows a bit.

so are the 6's worth $70 more than the 5's? that's the main question.
G.A.S. give me migraines..:rolleyes:

I have the 5's, or I did. I gave them to my boy. I now use the G2 8's and I rely on them as my main pair for mixing. I never tried the 6" ones, but the difference between the G2 5's and the 8's is night and day. If it were me, I would go with the 6" before bothering with the 5's. They pretty much pissed me off with the hyped low end. Better yet, go to the 8's. I use them with a sub as well, just to cover the really deep low end. Translation of my mixes improved ten fold upgrading from the G2 5's to the 8's.

Xplo has a great idea. If you can do that, listen to the clarity in the midrange. The G2 5's sucked there because of the little driver trying to be a big boy.

no way to a/b them live. this is new old stock & noone has any left locally.
I hear ya on the 8's but they're just a bit out of my budget,I have a sub so I can adjust for the lows,& I really don't need the extra wattage as I don't mix that loud in the current home studio environment.
on the flipside- I won't be upgrading anytime soon so I better make the best decision possible & that would be 8's.
I tell ya it's a headache....:rolleyes:

I just purchased the 8's G2 for 149 Each from Amazon. Not sure they are still there, but at that price I could not pass them up. I am very pleased with the results so far.

yeah,I got that same price elsewhere-
rp5-$99ea
rp6-$135ea
rp8-$150ea
I'm trying to save the $100 since I already have a sub but for the difference & the fact that I won't be upgrading anytime soon I may as well bite the bullet even though $300 isn't much of a budget for monitors.
the main thing is, since I do late night stealth sessions I use mostly phones but this is a "for the future room" purchase too and I'd really be saving $$$ by not going through CD-Rs like potato chips running to the vehicle for final reference.lol
also,the 8's are going to hang over the edge of my desk by 1.5"-3".

yeah,I got that same price elsewhere-
rp5-$99ea
rp6-$135ea
rp8-$150ea
I'm trying to save the $100 since I already have a sub but for the difference & the fact that I won't be upgrading anytime soon I may as well bite the bullet even though $300 isn't much of a budget for monitors.
the main thing is, since I do late night stealth sessions I use mostly phones but this is a "for the future room" purchase too and I'd really be saving $$$ by not going through CD-Rs like potato chips running to the vehicle for final reference.lol
also,the 8's are going to hang over the edge of my desk by 1.5"-3".

Think about like this, if you get the 8's and build you some stands (I purchased stands for $100 as I don't have room for them), you're done. These will grow with you for at least easily 5 years (probably longer as speakers don't really change much). That is pennies on the (dollar, pound, Euro, take your pick). Your speakers will stay with you for a long time. You will like the 8's I am pretty sure for the money.

yeah,that's what I'm thinking so I'll just go for the 8's even though stands are totally not an option in the current room.
too much stuff moving around too often & little curious fingers on occassion.lol

Keep those delicate tweeters away from those little curious fingers! :D

Hanging the monitors is also an option. Better anchor them in good tho.

Back