Interface under 200 bucks

JPXTom

Looking for a 2 pre(XLR with Phantom Power)..midi would be a nice bonus. Firewire/USB doesnt matter. I was looking into the Mackie Satelite thing, Lexicon Omega, etc..

I also like the fact that is come with both optical and coaxial S/PDIF (switchable to AES/EBU).

What would u use those ins with? Like...ADAT would also be cool to have and stuff, but like can u hook up 8 channel pres to that..or w/e?

What would u use those [optical/coax] ins with? Like...ADAT would also be cool to have and stuff, but like can u hook up 8 channel pres to that..or w/e?

I bought an old Roland MMP-2. It has coax optical outputs (both S/PDIF and AES/EBU). I bought the MMP-2 primarily as a way to test an external preamp against those that are integral with our Fostex MR16HD but if I had a way to go direct to computer that would be a nice option too. The Fostex has only optical S/PDIF out. There seems to be no clear winner in the optical/coax interface so having everything on such a small unit as the E-MU 0404 seems to really add to it's value as a tool for a variety of occasions. Along those lines the MIDI In and Out are also nice.

I bought an old Roland MMP-2. It has coax optical outputs (both S/PDIF and AES/EBU). I bought the MMP-2 primarily as a way to test an external preamp against those that are integral with our Fostex MR16HD but if I had a way to go direct to computer that would be a nice option too. The Fostex has only optical S/PDIF out. There seems to be no clear winner in the optical/coax interface so having everything on such a small unit as the E-MU 0404 seems to really add to it's value as a tool for a variety of occasions. Along those lines the MIDI In and Out are also nice.

that spdif line out isnt the same as ADAT right? cause i looked at the adat outs on some things, and they look similar to the ins/outs on that box.

Back