Inexpensive Recording Monitors

ApeDosMeow

Hey Guys,
I recently Bought the BX5 m audio pair that is now discontinued. They're might be another pair that's simular.

But. The Point is, I recently popped the tweaters in mine and later blew one of the subs. There is a good tech in town, but i'm thinking it'l cost more with labor and such if I go that route.

I really loved these speakers and you guys may wonder how they popped. With my audio interface, a relative cranked the sound and yelled into the microphone connected to it.

Killing the tweaters later killing a sub with a keyboard drum sound. Now, this was a pretty ridiculous kill and waste. But. I'm wondering if i should ever turn to those monitors again.

Iv'e been looking at some KRK. I got a friend at GC who could hook me up pretty cheap on monitors so my price range is about.

200-300 on a budget.

thanks guys.

I bought a pair of KRK RP-6 CL' a few monnths back. If I remember the only differance between my RP-6's and the standrd ones is that mine have the grey woffers. I am very happy with them. They are very true to the sound. They sound great and arent to badly priced.

You could Probably just buy a Pair of Good woofers and tweeters of the same Impedance and size and sencitivity and simply replace your Blown speakers...There are only 2 wires per speaker and could be done for cheaper than buying new ones....

Just a thought....

:D

I've got some old KRK Rokit 5's that work well. You should be able to find some old KRK's for like $300 or something. Check ebay and craigslist!

:DUhh, you really don't record on monitors: you listen to what you've recorded in order to mix tracks in order to burn a CD. It's important to Hear as much as you can via the monitors in order to set levels, EQ, etc.

How much you spend on monitors is optional. I'm sure a frugal pair of monitors could be used to record a GOLD/Silver/Plat record. When Elvis made his first record, the gear used was amazingly frugal stuff.

But, it's nice to have a decent pair of monitors. So, without promoting any brands, I'll let you make the call.

I've had 4 sets of monitors thus far; at this time in space, I don't expect to move up much more.

Summer is here. Enjoy.
Green Hornet

I just bought my first pair of actual monitors and although they are my first set I have to say the sound is unbelievable for the price. It is a pair of KRK RP5's. I bought them on sale at Guitar Center for $99.00 each. I have read many reviews and they are highly recommended for the budget studio. The sound out of these things is very smooth and they look nice too.

Back