I'm having trouble with my recording..

frmark

Hey everyone,
I recently purchased a new Behringer Xenyx 1202 Mixer because I wanted to do some home recording.

I have with me at the moment:
-Behringer Xenyx 1202 Mixer
-Shure microphone
-Edirol USB Audio interface UA-1ex

These three items were reccomended to me from the music store I had gone to in order to connect my microphone from the mixer so I could record onto the computer.
I am trying to connect my mixer through the audio interface so it connects to my computer. Therefore allowing me to record from the mixer onto the computer…
I have connected all of this successfully
The mixer is showing a signal from my microphone, as is the interface...and my computer has installed the interface and says it is working properly...however, no sound is actually coming onto the computer from these items... when I try to use my microphone on my software there is no signal.
I'm using 'Magix Music Maker' as my main software, and that isnt showing any sound coming through when I try to record, even when I set the Edirol as my default recording device.

I also checked 'sounds and audio devices' in control panel, and it shows that my Edirol's device volume is blocked on "low" and I cant increase the volume...
If anyone could help me, it would be very much appreciated...I have been trying to make this work for a long time but I seem to be getting nowhere :confused:

thankyou.

Back