I wanna buy a pair of studio monitors for listening music, help!

nazanone

Hey, hi all, i am new in this forums but i've been reading it for a lot of months.

I live in Argentina, here the prices are very very high, so i finally decided to buy a pair of studio monitors for listening music. I can't afford Hi Fi Equipment because i need u$s 2000+ for something good and it's too much for me.

I sea a lot of studio monitors like Mackie, Samson, Yamaha, KRK, etc but the major part are over priced.

The unique that are in a good price are the KRK and i liked the sound of these speakers.

I want a full range frequency response, plus a lot of detail and high quality, i have a trained ear and in a future i will treat the room.

Now i am in a bedroom of 3metres x 2.5 meters, but in march of the next year i am going to live to another house, which living room is 3 meters x 4 meters.

The options are a pair of RP5G2 with subwoofer, RP8G2 alone or a VXT4 plus subwoofer.

I liked a lot the VXT4 plus the subwoofer but i need the OK and your opinion.
I can't afford genelecs 8020, 8030, mackie hr824mkii, adam a7, etc because they are TOO expensive. u$s 2000

And i preffer KRK VXT over the Mackie MR series, Yamaha HS series, Samson, Behringer truth, m Audio. because are the cheap products of these brands.
and may be i preffer a small wofer with a subwoofer for better mid range response and low response than a giant woofer like 8".. i am right?

Thanks a lot to all!

Regards

OK, after about a month of reading a lot of forums and reviews in two weeks i'll buy a pair of KRK VXT4 and 10s Subwoofer.

I considered that the VXT4 is superior than the entry level monitors(like Yamaha HS Series, KRK Rokits, Mackie MRs, Samson Rubicons, Behringers, M Audio, etc)

And is good enough like the most popular and greatest monitors(like adam a7, dynaudio bm5a, genelec 8030). In my country these monitors are u$s 2000 a pair, and the VXT4 is u$s 800 the pair, so is a BIG difference and isn't worth.

Plus i can add the subwoofer(u$s 700) to cover the low frequencies that these monitors can't cover, especially the VXT4.

Plus the smaller woofer can cover better the mid frequencies than the 6" or 8" woofers.

I am going to use the speakers as nearfields in my desktop sitting on my chair for listening music, and sometimes to watch some movies at about 2 meters of distance. So the RMS power is enough(i think).

I am right in my conclusion? and thanks to all, very very useful all opinions,

Regards and thanks again!!

Hola, I think considering the size of your room, you will probably be very happy with KRK and sub. You will need the sub with 4" monitors. Sorry to hear it is so expensive down there.

Welcome to the site.

Hey, hi all, i am new in this forums but i've been reading it for a lot of months.

I live in Argentina, here the prices are very very high, so i finally decided to buy a pair of studio monitors for listening music. I can't afford Hi Fi Equipment because i need u$s 2000+ for something good and it's too much for me.

I sea a lot of studio monitors like Mackie, Samson, Yamaha, KRK, etc but the major part are over priced.

The unique that are in a good price are the KRK and i liked the sound of these speakers.

I want a full range frequency response, plus a lot of detail and high quality, i have a trained ear and in a future i will treat the room.

Now i am in a bedroom of 3metres x 2.5 meters, but in march of the next year i am going to live to another house, which living room is 3 meters x 4 meters.

The options are a pair of RP5G2 with subwoofer, RP8G2 alone or a VXT4 plus subwoofer.

I liked a lot the VXT4 plus the subwoofer but i need the OK and your opinion.
I can't afford genelecs 8020, 8030, mackie hr824mkii, adam a7, etc because they are TOO expensive. u$s 2000

And i preffer KRK VXT over the Mackie MR series, Yamaha HS series, Samson, Behringer truth, m Audio. because are the cheap products of these brands.
and may be i preffer a small wofer with a subwoofer for better mid range response and low response than a giant woofer like 8".. i am right?

Thanks a lot to all!

Regards

Most of us here at the forum are from the US ~ you should put your City and Country in your personals under location so as when you ask questions about what to get for equipment you won't get an answer with a piece of equipment you can't get in your country or cost you mucho pesos. ;)

:cool:

Back