This is how i would set up my monitors

Nick The Man

i'm going to go from the stereo output of my computer to the Behringer UB1202 which has Control Room out R and L and that is where i would plug my monitors in. is that ok, will it give me the true sound no enhancements

i also have the behringer MX3282 console but i figured that the UB1202 makes things easier since its smaller

It has better convertors than a stock computer sound card.

And IMO you are better off going through a mixer to your monitors than direct from the soundcard. The mixer will at least give you more control. Save up for a better one later, and get the soundcard now.

no interface? does the sound card enhance any of the sound, how about the M-audio sound cards

Last edited:
i think deepwater thought that you are using only a gaming card and so he recommend you an better one.

today i had an equal problem cause i had to choose an connection between my new emu card an my new wharfedales ( both will arrive next week ). First i wanted to buy the 1212m and then i read that the emu 0404 is very good too and i don´t wanted to spen 100 euro more but after i did recognize both card have no headphone output i decide again to buy the 1212m to buy later the breakoutbox from 1820m and have a full 1820m. Ok it would be cheaper to buy this 1820m now but i have´nt enough money to do this and it is a realy helpful option to start with the 1212m and add the breakoutbox from 1820m to him.

will use the card then with the warfedales and cant wait know until they arrive.

Back