Headphones for recording vocals and djing (not for mixing and mastering)

Aysell

Hi, I'm looking for headphones that are very good for recording vocals (good isolation) and I also want to use them for djing, to mix and master I already have the beyerdynamic DT-1990 Pro. So i want other ones under 200 euros that can be used for djing and record vocals because do not want to buy 3 headphones.
Thanks and peace.

While I hate using the Audio-Technica M-50X's for mixing or certainly for mastering.........because they're not very accurate for those purposes.....they might be a good choice for you. They have excellent isolation........abundant low end and are fairly sensitive........allowing for lots of volume. The ear pieces can be turned and adjusted (for DJing) and many singers do like to hear themselves through the M-50X's. They are in your price range as well.

Hi,
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD280 and Beyer DT770, and flick between the two.

The Beyers are lighter, softer, and more comfortable, for long term wear, but a bit brighter than I like.
The Sennheisers probably isolate much better and sound less hyped/less flattering.

My Sennheisers are old enough to have had two new sets of earpads so if you're looking for something to isolate well and take a bit of abuse, they're hard to beat.

This may be too late for the OP, but for tracking, my go-to headphones are a pair of Focal Listens. They have fantastic isolation and containment, with excellent clarity and detail across the sound spectrum. Some have said that they thought the Listens are weak in the upper mids. I don't hear it. I eq'd the upper mids on some of my mixes to test whether a bump would improve what the Listens were telling me. Nope. The upper mids and everything else sounded great without any help.

Back