Headphone repair

Wargs

Anyone know a site where I can find info on repairing Koss headphones? I've stared at these things for a month and I just can't figure how to get in to fix a loose connection. Thanks.

Picture? Model number? A clue? Or are you talking about how to open any Koss headphones in general? Some have the earpads glued on with double sided tape. If you peel off the pads, you'll see 4 phillips head screws. Other's simply have slip on earpads, that have the screws underneath. Still others don't use screws - the shell and the driver mounting plate snap together.

Or, call Koss and ask them.

Hi Harvey,

Thanks for the reply. Kos PRO 4 AA; three sets of them. On one set there is a loose internal connection and the other two have collapsed earcushions which are still available from Koss, I believe.
They have screws visible under the mesh below the earcushions but it looks as though you'd have to destroy the mesh to get to them, and anyway that wouldn't help to replace the earcushions. HELP!

Koss headphones

Hello again Harvey,

I forgot to say that several e-mails to Koss have been ignored.

Wargs said:
Hello again Harvey,

I forgot to say that several e-mails to Koss have been ignored.
A lot of the old hi-fi companies (like Koss) are still not Internet literate, even though they have a website. An old fashion phone call works best.

Hey, didn't want to start a new thread. What would y'all say to do about this? The wire connected to the headphone is ripped up. IMG_0132.jpg
I'm kind of a noob at electrical stuff, but I can learn. Is soldering possible in this situation? Thanks.

Back