external CD-R ?

jbascur

Hi everybody!
Im going to buy a CD-R but I´ll love it to be
external because I´ll buy it fifty-fifty with my cousin. I only know an external HP that plays at 6x end record at 2x but I red an article where it says it should be SCASI and I think It is connected by the printer port. Is it going to make my recording sound like crap?

I got a friend who runs an ext. CD-R through his printer port/parallel port. And his shit sounds real good. I don't know about the 6x and 2x shit but other than that it would not make a difference.
hope this helps,
-thomas

It's recommended that CD-Rs be either SCSI or IDE, yes. It has nothing to do with the sound but it will work a lot better and faster that way. Parallel ports are really not the best and you are lots more likely to get bad discs that way. What about getting an external SCSI unit? That would solve both problems.

I bought an external CD-R and had a few problems with the parallel port. Sometimes it would not be found. As for the sound, it will be the same as an internal CD-R. Its all 1's and 0's afterall. As DRAGON says the recommend SCSI or EIDE external CD-R's. They are much faster when reading or writing. I sold mine and bought an internal - too much hassle dynamically connecting the external drive. I hope this helped.

Back