Experience with/review of M-Audio OmniStudio USB

Theolog

With the exception of a few "I'm generally suspicious of USB," I haven't found any helpful reviews of the M-Audio OmniStudio USB. Does anyone know of any reviews (save those at Musicians' Friend) or have any first-hand experience with this unit?

Thanks!

I just got mine yesterday. I don't have any experience with anything else, but for 185 with free shipping I went with it. After one day of playing around, it seams very solid.

I called tech support because I couldn't get it to work right away and they had me repair the file permissions for my harddrive (OS X 10.2.8) and then it was fine. Tech support was really nice and helpful, so that's worth something.

My only gripe is that is doesn't come with a printed manual, only a PDF version.

I'm happy with it so far.

i also got the omnistudio for 185....

im happy with it so far...but i havent had much time to really play with it...but it does the trick for me..recording on my laptop

traidma said:
gosh, where did you get it for 185?? all the places I've seen have it for so much more...

I orignally bought it from Musician's Friend for $199 with free shipping. A couple days later I saw it at scitscat.com for $185 with free shipping. I called Musician's Friend and they credited me the difference.

Here is the link to the product at scitscat.com:
http://www.scitscat.net/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=10&products_id=58&osCsid=2bafe43d60dc42e19a64787668321d61

-Bradly

Scitscat Music

Hi Guys,
I'm Scitscat and own Scitscat Music. We sold out of our M-Audio Omnistudio USB's, but I will personally hook up any of the musicians on this list with great deals on other items.
Special of the month is going to be Firewire Audiophile for $150 for anyone on this list. Just let me know by email or call.
By the way, we carry over 60 lines of equipment to hook you up with!
thanks
Scott
scotkatz@bellsouth.net
305-807-9181

Back