In ear monitoring systems. Which one??

James CH

Hello there!!

I'm looking for an IEM system. Unfortunately I cannot afford a Shure or a Sennheiser system.

I've been reading about the IEM-1100 N by DB Technologies . It's seems audio quality is good but it's a fixed frecuency system so I wonder if that means other people using the same system nearby may interfere with mine.

I've also seen MEI-100 by LD Systems. Price is good and it's multi-frequency, but I can't find any user review on the internet.

Any advise from experienced users will be much appreciated. :)

Cheers!

James

I would look at the galaxy audio anyspot, its made of metal, frequency agile, and transmits in stereo, and sells for 200 less than the psm200 base model sure system. the earbuds arent anything to write home about but when they break (and they all do) buy a beter set like the SLC2 shure or sony makes a usable pair for around $50. I do reccomend the sHure buds though not so much based on sound quality but as they replace them very easily for you when they break and they are more than adequate for most uses.

Thank you very much, Petermiller. Yeah, looks good. Unfortunately its frequency range is UHF 682~698MHz. I live in Spain, so I need something around UHF 800~814MHz

Any other suggestions? :)

unfortunately there are not many more than the fore mentioned ones, I usually deal with the shure and the sennheiser and Mipro and akg systems. The sennheiser and the mipro would probably have no problems in your country but as you had mentioned the cost would be much greater. I'm sure the NADY would be functional enough to be used and would be somewhat durable enough, maybe not for heavy road use, as far as the fixed frequency thats a gamble, here in the states you could check with the fcc for open frequencies in the area of use. I'm not quite sure which agency you would deal with in spain, it may be http://www.cmt.es/cmt_ptl_ext/SelectOption.do if I can remember correctly. anyway any of these major manufactures would or should have the information if there products are compatible in your region providing of course they import to your country. If you look at it this way, even if you buy a sub standard system its still gonna sound better than hearing it out of a sub standard wedge :confused::rolleyes::eek:

just make sure you get some decent earbuds

Useful information. Thank you so much!!

I'll be using it for rehearsals and small club gigs so I don't really need high end technology. Let's see if LD Systems or DB Techs do the trick.

Cheers!

James

LD Systems

or has anyone erver worked with anything from LD systems, as this company is unknown for me, or its quality standards.

anyone?

Back