Does anyone use Sample Tank 2xl??

CountrySinger

I was told that I would be able to run midi drums tracks through this program and record it as real audio. So far this has been impossible for me to accomplish. I am trying to take a good old midi song file that you would find on the net and process it through sampletank and record the parts that I want into audio so I can practice songs and stuff. Has anyone been able to do this??

Sure.

Engage Sampletank in your sequencer. Load drums into a channel in Sampletank (midi drums are usually set to #10). If your midi file's drums are already set to 10, then you're golden. If not, change them to whatever channel the drum patch is on.

Then just do a mixdown in your sequencer.

The only problem is that the midi drums set on channel 10 is playing beyond the available notes for the any of the loaded samples so I only end up getting select notes instead of the entire drum track. I have tried changing the octave to get it to fall into the right area to no avail. I have spoken with customer service numerous times so far and can't seem to win. Do you have any ideas??

Try editing the midi track so that the notes/hits fall within the note range of the sample set in sampletank.

you need to get your drum mapping set up so that the notes are triggering the samples. This can be done easily from the drum editor:)

Back