did i waste my moneY?

Too late now. But, no, it's only money...if you look at it like that. And the Presonus stuff I believe is good stuff

Are you happy with the Presonus you bought? Does it do what you need it to? If you answered yes to those, then you did not waste your money:)

I bought my FirePod earlier this year and am stoked to have it. The 2 built-in instrument preamps have really come in handy during my recording sessions since we never seem to have enough mics around. The preamps sound awesome to me and the software drivers appear to work equally well on Mac OS X and Windows XP. Reliability seems to be pretty good as long as you take care of your firewire connectors and pay attention to your phantom power settings before you plug things in (like a guitar pedal).

If you're like me you'll be chasing 'the perfect rig' forever. Best to get a clear idea about what you want, do your research first, then buy the best available gear at the price you can afford. That way you'll be comfortable with the decision even after the next greatest product comes out and you'll always have a very good feeling about your gear. Nothing worse than dropping $$$ and having doubts about it later. I say 'good purchase'.

Back