did i damage my monitors...?

notredamer0789

Nashville Rocker
Hey guys.. so i was testing out my new KRK Rokit 5's and apparently someone had turned the volume ALMOST ALL THE WAY UP!!!.. when i turned them on they BLASTED for about 8 seconds.... How would I know if I damaged them? Should I hear a distorted sound at a pretty low volume? B/C i dont... they sound fine even cranked up... i may be acting stupid, but i paid good money for these and I want to make sure they are ok...

Thanks guys!

Sounds to me like they are just fine. The most obvious sign of damage would be if a tweeter or woofer didn't work at all. Other than that, if they sound OK, they probably are:)

Thanks man!... I am just really really protective over this kinda stuff lol... these are the first NICE monitors I have had... So I was just wondering if it was going to be a problem that would hurt me later on... I think they are fine though. Thanks again

That's scary. I think I have a quick look at the volume knob before I play any sound, at least I hope I do. I am the only person that uses my home studio, so nothing changes when I'm away from it.

Worry about damaging your monitors, but worry more about damaging your ears...

:)

Back