DAV BG1 U w/ DI

CoolCat

Ran across this one while reading timetravel forums and articles.....back in time before every preamp was supposed to be a 1073 clone and every mic a Neumann clone...:rolleyes:

The DAV BG1 had such high praise I was skeptical enough to try it, being an original design appealed to me and it came in a rack dual pre w/DI. I bought used but really buying new is probably smarter...but I digress...

First off this sound is amazing, imo. I dont design stuff but I can hear and the DAV BG1 has its own sound-print. Personally I love what it does.
For those that think its all because of an IC chip that cost 22 cents in bulk, and anyone can make it for $3... is like saying anyone can paint a Mona Lisa classic painting and "its just paint". I beg to differ that a DMP3 sounds like a DAVBG1U. If it was that easy everything would sound this good.
Ive had plenty of average preamps and this one has something in the recipe that works.

$$$$
Its not really that pricey either if you take a DI and two Preamps with power supply for $670ish US... and good luck finding used one.:cool:
(EDIT: corrected price- 549 euro NEW / $670 US new...KMR price) I paid $470plus shipping $510ish. used

of course to each their own, so try it yourself...

the specs are easy to find online, basically its a one knob 66db with a 68hz HPF, dual channel, with a normal ac cord not one of the oddball ones and a simple on off switch. special note is its output is +4 and it is a balanced output, so going to a unbalanced line in, like my interface, a pin3 wire might need to be lifted.(see arcaxis if an questions as he got my LA610 working right) DAV BG1 is the same output XLR Balanced. fyi...

easy 5 stars of 5

.....ymmv

Attachments

• DAV BG1U.png
    DAV BG1U.png
    596.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Back