Control Surfaces...

DL da ARSUN

I'm running pro-tools le and want to get into mixing down with an actual control surface. I'm trying to decide between the Pro-tools Command 8 or the Mackie Universal Control.

Can somebody give me feed back on these 2 control surfaces. Good or bad!! Thanks

Mackie Universal or Tascam US-2400(dont pay over 800 for it on ebay. People charge extremely high prices for that controller.)

Nicole

The US2400 is nice because it has ao many channel faders, but they are rather useless w/o led channel names.... The "scribble strip" software sucks....

The Mackie MCU has an LED strip on top of each channel...is much more usable, and has more "Control"....

There's a reason Tascam discontinued the 2400, and slashed the price.

I've got the MCU and have never regretted getting it. The big seller for me was the jog-shuttle wheel and the footswitch input. The faders are very resonsive. I also like that if you don't have the expansion module (which is very expensive btw), You can still very easily see and control all your tracks. Say you get just the MCU (8 track controller). Theres a very easy "channel" scroll button which lets you ramp up to view say 2 - 9 or tracks 21 - 28 on the fly.

My suggestion would be to get to the local GC and give it a demo if you can.

Back